Pollinger Limited is a long-established author’s agency with a very good reputation and consequently a very full and busy client list. We are therefore only occasionally able to take on new clients, and then only of exceptional quality.
WE ARE SORRY BUT WE ARE NOT PRESENTLY ACCEPTING ANY UNSOLICITED SUBMISSIONS WHILST WE GET THROUGH A BACKLOG
We do look at unsolicited material, but please adhere to the following guidelines when submitting your work:
- We do not accept submissions by email or fax
- We will only respond and return your material if you have supplied an SAE
- We will not consider poetry or academic monographs and theses
- All submissions must be type-written in black and double-spaced on white A4 paper
When sending your submission please include the following:
- A brief explanatory letter about you and your work
- A CV
- A synopsis
- For fiction, at least three sample chapters
- For non-fiction, a 1000-word summary of the project, explaining its intended market, approach and style, etc
Only send photocopies/copies of illustrations and photographs – always retain an original copy of your work. No complete unsolicited manuscripts will be considered.
NB: If you are submitting a work for children please take time to read Lesley Pollinger's and Allen Frewin Jones's brilliant guide to Writing for Children (Hodder Headline, £9.99, ISBN 0340926600), which reflects the agency's views about children's writing, and is an invaluable guide to the genre.
Please note that we cannot be held liable for any loss of, or any damage to, submissions made to us.
Purchase Writing For Children here
We aim to review and respond to all submissions within two months, although it can take longer during busy periods. Please be patient.
We cannot consider any submissions that do not conform with the above.
Please send submissions to:
34-43 Russell Street